Cannellini Bean Dip with Basil
Serve t his creamy dip wit h crunchy fresh veget ables, or spread over glut en-free flat breads or crackers, namely
Herbed Parmesan Crackers. It ’s also a fine t opping for baked pot at oes.
MAKES ABOUT 11/4 CUPS, TO SERVE 5 TO 6
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Paprika (optional)
In a food processor fitted with the knife blade, process the beans, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt
until smooth and pureed. Transfer to a small bowl and add the basil, stirring well to combine.
Sprinkle with the paprika, if using, and serve at room temperature. Dip can be stored in the
refrigerator, covered, up to 3 days before returning to room temperature and serving.
PER SERVING (per 1/4 cup, or 1/5 of recipe): Calories 126; Prot ein 5g; Tot al Fat 6g; Sat Fat 1g; Cholest erol 0mg;
Carbohydrat e 14g; Diet ary Fiber 3g; Sodium 98mg
For Cannellini Bean Dip with Parsley and Red Onion, replace the basil with finely chopped fresh flatleaf
parsley and garnish with 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped red onion in lieu of the optional paprika.